Pages

Follow me on Instagram

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Regarding Warhol, The Met Rooftop and Some of my Favourite Paintings in the World.


On the last Monday of my time in NY I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Fifth Avenue to see their special Regarding Warhol Exhibition. The exhibition featured many Warhol pieces, many on loan from the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh as well as work by artists that have been influenced by Warhol. There were many pieces from the likes of Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Takashi Murikami and Jean-Michel Basquait. Unfortunately as it was a special exhibition no photos were allowed. Afterwards I popped over to see my favourite impressionist painting including the below pieces by Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh.

 












While there I also went up to the Rooftop to see the installation by Tomas Saraceno titled Cloud City. The rooftop has amazing views over Central Park and the Manhattan Skyline. It was a perfect last Monday in NYC.






No comments:

Post a Comment