Pages

Follow me on Instagram

Friday, October 19, 2012

Australian Abroad and Baltimore

In September I took a day trip down to Baltimore, the capital of Maryland. The city is situated on a natural harbour of the Patapsco River, which flows into Chesapeake Bay. I started my journey in their Little Italy area. From there it is a short 5 minute walk to the harbour. Downtown Baltimore is all situated around the harbour so it is an easy walk between the key tourist areas. Close to the harbour in downtown Baltimore are the stadiums for the Baltimore Orioles and the Baltimore Ravens. From there I caught a subway out to the suburbs to Rogers Station in Woodmere. The city has faced troubles since the economic downturn and it was easy to see that compared with the inner city. I would have loved to stay longer to see a baseball or football game as the fans for both teams are very passionate. 























No comments:

Post a Comment